We are currently for a counter sales associate at our Latham, NY facility!
Shift: 7am-4pm Monday-Friday
Job duties include:
- Sells heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment, parts, and supplies
- Greets customer on sales floor or receives telephone call and determines make, type, and quality of merchandise desired. Discusses use and features of various parts; demonstrates use of merchandise.
- Displays merchandise, suggests selections that meet customer's needs, and emphasizes selling points of article such as quality and utility. Maintain a clean and organized showroom.
- Reads catalog, or computer for replacement part stock number and price. Advises customer on substitution or modification of part when replacement is not available.
- Uses computer database to research availability of merchandise. Fills customer orders from stock or prepares transfer from other location. Prepares sales order or quote order.
- Receives payment or obtains credit authorization. Examines defective articles returned by customers to determine if refund or replacement should be made.
- Solicits new and established customers via telephone to promote sales. Resolves or alerts management regarding inventory issues or customer concerns.
- Works in the warehouse.
- Works with clerical staff to check and maintain open orders, purchase orders, return merchandise purchase orders. Assists in maintaining current and accurate warranty return authorizations and their credit adjustments.
Please send your current resume if you are interested!